The Mid-America Combined Training Association (MACTA) was established in 1977 to provide educational and competitive activities for its members and other horse lovers in the Kansas City area and throughout the midwest. MACTA entered into a contract with Heritage Park and was given land on which they could build a cross-country course, hold educational activities, and sponsor shows. Richard Newton was hired to design and build their cross-country course. Since 1977, MACTA has held yearly cross-country schoolings and a United States Eventing Association recognized horse trial every fall.
In 2005, MACTA was granted 501(c)(3) status under the federal codes. All donations made to MACTA are tax deductible. MACTA has begun exploring the possibilities that may be offered in state and federal grants in order to improve the property.
Currently, the Mid-America Combined Training Association hosts cross-country schooling opportunities as well as a highly successful schooling show series. The schooling shows are designed as a low-cost, low stress introduction to the sport of eventing and give competitors the opportunity to compete in dressage, show jumping and cross-country jumping in one day. MACTA members receive discounted rates for cross-country schooling as well as schooling show entries.
The Mid-America Combined Training Association also offers a year-end award program for its members. The Horse of the Year awards are presented at the end of each season and are held in conjunction with our annual meeting. Awards have traditionally been given at Beginner Novice, Novice, Training, Preliminary, Intermediate and Advanced. Beginning with the 2014 season, MACTA will also present Horse of the Year awards to Starter Novice through Preliminary Level competitors.
May Schooling Weekend
Saturday, May 30th
- Cross Country Schooling at Heritage Park in Olathe, KS
- Gates open 9am and close at 3pm
- $35 MACTA Members. $50 non-members
XC Schooling Liability Release
Sunday, May 31st
- MACTA D/CT/HT offering Starter through Preliminary level competition
- Entries close 1 week prior to the event.
- More Information
Heritage Park Horse Trials
USEA Recognized Event
Area IV Championships
October 9 -11 , 2015
Entries Open: August 25, 2015
Closing Date: September 22, 2015
Friday, October 9th - Ride a Test Dressage - Rider may choose any USEA dressage test to ride - $15/test. Tests are judged.
Saturday, October 10 - 8:00 Horse Trial Dressage; 10:30 XC
Sunday, October 11 - Stadium - 9am; 11am XC schooling (must check in with Secretary and pay schooling fee, bad weather will cancel this activity)
In order to promote an active organization and reward its members for donating time, volunteer vouchers are awarded. Volunteer vouchers may be used at MACTA sponsored schooling shows, cross-country schooling days and MACTA sponsored clinics.
- $20 Volunteer Voucher for every 4 hours of donated time
- Voucher may be applied to MACTA schooling shows, clinics or cross-country schooling days.
- May not be applied towards USEA Recognized Heritage Park Horse Trials
- Submit volunteer hours via email to Beth Stoker, Membership Coordinator. email@example.com or visit the Mid-America Combined Training Association Facebook Page and post a COMMENT on the Volunteer Hours announcement that was posted on 8/13/14.